Gochujang BBQ Ribs
Sweet and spicy gochujang barbecue sauce slathered over tender ribs is all we need in this life of sin. This simply delicious crowd-pleaser is surely a win. On Cooking the Diaspora Episode 2, Chef, food stylist, and host Megan Hysaw shows us how to make her Gochujang BBQ Ribs, the recipe that keeps her family coming back for more.Print
3 Slabs of St. Louis Style Pork Ribs, membrane removed
2–18oz Bottles Plain BBQ Sauce, of choice
12oz Gochuchang (Korean Fermented Hot Pepper Paste)
1 Can of Beer, of choice
1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Head of Garlic, cut in half
3 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
2–1” Knobs of Ginger
1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
2 Tablespoons White Sesame Seeds, plus more of garnish
Black Pepper, to taste
- Section ribs in 3 parts and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add beer, peppercorns, head of garlic, knobs of ginger, soy sauce, and ribs to the pot of boiling water and let boil until tender.
- Drain liquid then break down the ribs into individual pieces, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix BBQ Sauce, Gochuchang, minced garlic, sugar, sesame oil, black pepper and sesame seeds until well combined.
- Coat and marinade ribs for at least 1 hour. I like to marinade mine overnight.
- Broil ribs for about 8-10 minutes or until sauce is caramelized.
Jikoni Test Kitchen Notes:
For tender fall off the bone ribs, boil them for at least 1 hour.
Keywords: gochujang bbq ribs