Filled with spices and aromatics then topped with a spicy Harissa ketchup, this is not your average meatloaf.
1 pound ground beef 80/20
1 pound ground lamb
1 ½ cups bread crumbs
1 cup whole milk
1 medium red onion, diced & sauteed
2 large eggs
½ cup chopped cilantro
⅓ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons coriander
2 teaspoon sweet paprika
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Harissa Ketchup Glaze
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons harissa paste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except ketchup and harissa. Use your hands to mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the ketchup and harissa.
- Shape meat into a loaf shape on a parchment lined baking sheet. Pour ketchup-harissa mix on top. Spread evenly
- Bake 45 mins until the edges have browned.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
Keywords: beef, Morccan, harissa, meatloaf