½ cup thyme leaves
½ of an onion
2 garlic cloves
1 scotch bonnet pepper
2.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-inch chunks, cleaned with lemon and vinegar water.
¼ teaspoon. salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic Powder
1 teaspoon onion Powder
1 teaspoon Old Bay
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon Browning
1.5 tablespoon Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning
1 Box of Penne
½ of a red and green bell pepper
1 minced garlic clove
2 sprigs of thyme
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon of Old Bay
A pinch of black pepper
A pinch of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of Walkerswood jerk seasoning
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
½ cup shredded mozzarella
½ cup grated Parmesan
- Season chicken thighs with dry seasonings. Let the chicken sit in the dry seasonings for 15-20 minutes. Add wet seasonings, and mix everything up using a spoon or gloves, as the jerk seasoning is very peppery. Once mixed, an aroma of jerk seasoning and fresh thyme should come through.
- Heat a large frying pan with olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, flipping once golden brown on each side and until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 3-5 minutes each side.. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In a pot, bring 6-8 cups of water to boil. Salt water well.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. Stir intermittently for 10 minutes, or until al dente, then drain.
- Add olive oil, bell peppers, green peppers, minced garlic, and a sprig of thyme to a large frying pan over medium heat. Saute until the peppers are soft and a bit charred. Add heavy whipping cream, still cooking over medium heat. Add Old Bay, black pepper, smoked paprika, and Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning. Stir in until the aroma of the seasonings come through.
- Add cheeses to the penne sauce. Stir until it starts to thicken. Lower the heat and add cooked penne to the large pan, stirring until the pasta is coated. Add the boneless jerk chicken thighs, including the juice, to the pan and stir until all ingredients are completely combined. Put on some Bob Marley and enjoy your Rasta Jerk Chicken Pasta. Yum
- Serving Size: 6-8 large dishes
Keywords: Pasta, Chicken, Jamaican