A Ghanaian spicy sauce made of green chili peppers and aromatics.
15 (200 grams) serrano peppers
1 (320 grams) large yellow onion
6 (30 grams) garlic
1 bunch (75 grams) scallions, cleaned
½ (95 grams) green bell pepper
2 (21 grams) shrimp Maggi bouillon cubes
1 ½ cups (128 grams) grapeseed oil, divided
salt to taste
- Rough chop all of the veggies into manageable size for blender.
- Add all ingredients into the blender including bouillon and 1 cup of oil. Reserve ½ cup of oil for cooking.
- Blend on high until completely pureed.
- In a large saucepan, heat the remaining ½ cup of oil on medium-low heat.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the blended pepper sauce and stir.
- Cook down for 15 minutes or until the water completely evaporates and the green color deepens, stirring frequently to make sure your sauce doesn’t scorch at the bottom of the pan.
- Taste for salt and add if needed.
- Cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 30 days.