400g Butternut squash, peeled and diced into cubes
400g Pumpkin, peeled and diced into cubes
½ cup of coconut milk
Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- In a large pot, add your butternut and pumpkin cubes, and add about an inch of water.
- Sprinkle about two teaspoons of salt and a teaspoon of pepper before covering and steaming on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Once a fork can easily break apart your pumpkin, take it off the heat, add ½ cup of coconut milk, the chopped rosemary, and mixed herbs.
- Use a potato masher (or a hand mixer for a fluffier consistency) to mash your pumpkin and combine everything well. Ensure you’ve mashed to your preferred mashed texture. Serve hot with a meat stew, veggie curry, or whatever you like with your mash.
- Reheats perfectly in a microwave if stored covered in the fridge
- Can be made in advance of the meal but should be served hot
Keywords: mash, coconut, pumpkin, butternut squash