How to Cook Dark Leafy Greens
Kiano’s recipe for cooking dark leafy greens is bright, summery, fresh, and perfect when you want all the nutrients of the veg, but can’t bear the thought of adding them to another salad! With few ingredients, and an even shorter cooking time, this recipe is the perfect staple side for any weeknight meal.Print
1 bag or bunch of kale, stalks removed
1 thumb ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tomato, diced
Oil of your choice
- Roll up the kale leaves and shred them into roughly 1cm wide pieces, being careful to not shred too thin, or they will clump together when they cook.
- In a shallow and wide pan, heat on medium-high just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and sautee until they are starting to brown. Add in your greens, and mix to combine.
- When the greens brighten in color to a vibrant green, add in your tomatoes, and cover with a lid to steam the mixture.
- After 2-3 mins, or until the greens have darkened in color and cooked down slightly, remove the lid and season with salt and pepper.
Keywords: collard greens, kale, dark leafy greens, recipe, ginger, salad, side dish, Kiano Moju