¾ cup mint water
½ cup of orange juice
2 tablespoons of blueberry lemon redux
3 cups of water
½ cup of fresh mint leaves
Blueberry Lemon Redux
2 cups of blueberries
½ cup of granulated sugar
Juice of half a lemon
- In a pot, pour in your water and mint leaves and bring to a boil.
- After about 5 boiling minutes, take it off the heat and allow it to cool (you can use ice to cool it faster if pressed on time).
- Store in your refrigerator, and dilute to use in water or other drinks.
Blueberry Lemon Redux:
- In a pan, add your sugar and berries and heat on medium-high for 10 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes to prevent any burning, and use your cooking spoon to help break down the larger berries.
- Once berries have broken down and turned into a loose syrup, reduce heat to medium-low, squeeze in the lemon juice, and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Strain and allow to cool to room temperature before mixing into drinks or refrigerating and using as a jam.
To make the mocktail:
- Pour a tablespoon of your blueberry redux at about halfway up the martini glasses, coating the walls with the redux.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add mint water and orange juice. Shake well for about 20 seconds, then pour half into one glass, and a half into the other.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg and a sprig of mint.
- Serve cool with a straw.
- Goes well with light finger foods.
- Can be made prior to service and kept in the fridge until service.
Keywords: mocktail, mint, nutmeg, Valentine's Day, cocktail